Monday, July 6, 2009

Parents-Teachers Day.

HARI PERJUMPAAN IBU BAPA DENGAN GURU 09.

I received no lecture. Though whatever that my form teacher told my dad was HELL DISAPPOINTING.

No, don't get me wrong. It's not about me. It's about the whole class. All she could say was -> 2U is a really passive class.

So I was asked to be more active in class. Then the whole class might take part in stuffs and become active as well since I'm the monitor and I should lead them. =.=' Like I did not try. The thing is, there's seriously something wrong with my class. And I have the faintest idea about what it is.

Selfishness? Probably. Since we're the so-called first class in the whole form. Competition's strong and that's something that no one can deny. Apart from that, people might be thinking that the first class always hands in homeworks and projects on time. All done by THEMSELVES. Just so you people know, THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG!

Being classmates with them for years, it's apparent that they still can't be independent. Maybe that's also one of the causes of us being so passive. I can't deny that I do stay quiet and not take part at times, but at least, I tried.

Here's a situation which I TOTALLY DISLIKE. I've been bearing with this since I was in primary school. So if any of you were in my shoes, I could guarantee that you wouldn't like it either.

*teacher comes in and asks for someone to represent the class for some competition*
*class keeps quiet*
*everyone turns and looks at me*
Classmates : TEACHER! ASK ANGELA TO JOIN LAH!

And the teacher would be staring at me. Wondering if I would agree. No offence to my classmates, but I ain't as free as you people think I am. Do you guys expect me to run up and down the stairs every single day, pant like a mad dog, repeat the same phrase asking the class to tone down and last but not least, represent the class in every single competition held in school? As if I have super powers or whatever crap.

I'm really sorry if I offended anyone through this post. But to be frank, I hate the fact that I belong to 2U sometimes. It's time to learn to depend on yourself, not anyone else. Lead, not follow. Change for the better. Not for the teachers or parents, but for ourselves.

And this would be what I would say if things remain the same way without any improvement : I've had enough.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HEY! This is odd but my class was said to be passive as well! And you know what, we've been like that from primary all the way up to Form 5! Lol. I'm not saying it's good but it's like that. There are only a handful who are active. We tried to change but not much luck. Plus, I used to face the similar thing as you about the competition thingy.

Teacher: Who is going to be group leader?
Members: SARAH!

Lol. Ah well. It's just that your classmates either think you're capable to do everything or they just rather have you than them to do the work. Cheer up!

Angela said...

Sarah, thanks. I'm trying my best here. Seems like none of them would understand. Well, at least it's over for you now, not for me though. Hah. Thanks load aagain!