Monday, August 24, 2009

Memories.

Yesterday night, I continued to read 'If You Could See Me Now' by Cecilia Ahern. Sis was revising for her exam. Then mum came into the room with photo albums in her hands.

Put the novel aside and reached out for the albums. Flipping through every page, I saw the photos of my family members and friends years and years ago. Seeing the photos when I was a baby, then to kindy and lastly, primary school. Looking at the photos of my family members when they were young, I couldn't help laughing at how silly we used to be and look like. Especially my sis.

Then there were these few photos, with my late grandmother in them. It's been 6 years since she passed away and boy, I sure do miss her. Frankly speaking, I felt tears brimming in my eyes when I saw the photos. Next, snapshots of my cousin brother when he was young. The last time I actually talked to him, I wasn't even in secondary yet. Once, I saw him riding his bicycle near his residential area, and he's a totally different figure. People change as time flies. If only I have a time machine, I would love to experience everything all over again as a kid.

Life as a kindergartner was fun back then. No worries, but only laughter and joy. Friends everywhere. I remembered begging my mum to go home when I was in kindy while most of my friends were instead begging for their parents to stay and accompany them. The good times, those were the days.

It was fun recalling those memories, but I really wonder, will I ever get the experience again? Everyone's different now, we're no longer who we used to be in the past, but the memories will never change.

My sis and I. I've forgotten what year it was though.

Photo taken with my kindy mates and my teacher after the annual concert. =)

And this was when I was in Standard 3.

P.S : Sorry if the pictures are too blur. =)

Then I continued reading the novel. Finished it this morning. Didn't really cry, but it was touching alright.

No comments: